Suggestions & Complaints

Want to make a suggestion to the practice?

Your comments and suggestions are important to us, please click on the link below and complete the form to send them to us. Please only use this form for comments about the practice and suggestions as to how we can improve our service to you.

Medical matters and official complaints cannot be dealt with via this form. If you have a query regarding a medical matter please telephone reception to make an appointment to see the appropriate person.

Want to make a complaint?

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

How to make complaint

In the first instance please discuss your complaint with the staff member concerned. 

If it is not possible to raise your complaint immediately, please let us have details of your complaint within the following timescales:

  •  Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem


  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months

The practice will acknowledge your complaint within five working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within thirty working days of the date you raised it with us. At this stage you should be offered an explanation or a meeting with the person(s) involved. When the practice looks into your complaint it aims to:

  •  Ascertain the full circumstances of the complaint
  • Make arrangements for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what the practice can do to make sure the problem does not happen again

To pursue a complaint please contact the Practice Management team via or via letter to Chawton Park Surgery, Chawton Park Road, Alton, GU34 1RJ and they will deal with your concerns appropriately. 

Complaining to the Commissioner

Where possible we would encourage local resolution with the Practice team. However, if you would prefer to complain to our Comissioner, you are able to contact the Primary Care Complaints Team via the following:

South East Complaints Hub

NHS Frimley ICB, Aldershot Centre for Health, Hospital Hill, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1AY.   Phone number: 0300 561 0290

Email address:



If you would like support with complaining to the Practice or to any other service, the following would be able to assist you.


PALS provide a confidential service designed to help patients get the most from the NHS. PALS can tell you more about the NHS complaints procedure and may be able to help you resolve your complaint informally. Your local PALS office can be found online using this website:



ICAS is a national service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS Care or treatment. Their address is: 1st Floor, Clarendon House, 9-11 Church Street, Basingstoke, Hants, RG21 7QG and telephone number is 0845 600 8616.

ICAS can help with complaints process; refer you to relevant agencies regarding your complaint.


Healthwatch Hampshire

Their address is: NHS Complaints Advocacy , Freepost RTHH-KGST-ZRBC, Healthwatch Hampshire, Westgate Chambers, Staple Gardens, WINCHESTER SO23 8SR. Tel: 01962 440 262



As a last resort, if you are not happy with the response from the practice, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who investigates complaints about the NHS in England. You can call the Ombudsman’s Complaints Helpline on 0345 015 4033 or  visit their website at  or Text phone (Minicom): 0300 061 4298